dream. define. discover. design. destiny.
McKay's Mill Personal Trainer
YMCA Girls Basketball (Cheetah's)
Happy Saturday!! Hope y'all are having a terrific weekend. Here we go again, yet another awesome opportunity to build more memories with our kiddos. Just wanted to take a moment to fill you in on what I know about the upcoming season so far.... I am Ryan Nicholson, your daughters soccer coach for the 2015 YMCA SPRING season. My daughter Madelyn is also on the team.
PRACTICES & GAME INFO to keep handy
1. We will have a practice each Thursday night from 5:30 P.M. - 6:30 P.M.
2. Practice is on FIELD #6B @Crockett Park (Games will be held on the same fields)
3. If you are unable to make it to practice or a game, please email me at least 24 hours in advance, I make substitution rosters the night before to make sure every girl is rotated into the game and given an even amount of playing time regardless of skill level. Your daughter will play EVERY position.
4. If weather appears it's going to be an issue for Thursday Night practice or on Game Day, please call the CROCKETT HOTLINE at 373-7752 to see if our field is closed. If so, practice/game is canceled. Please put this number in your phone, you will call it more than once :)
AGAIN, PLEASE NOTE: IF FIELD #6B is closed on the hotline, then regardless if you hear from me or not, there is no practice or game. As long as I'm not in a bind, I should also be able to email you to let you know if we're canceling practice or games. (Last year, we had an iffy last second question if game was to be canceled and I was in training sessions all morning up until game time, so I couldn't email out....so you got the number just in case)
*1st Practice is Thursday March 12th 2015 at 5:30 P.M. at Crockett Park on Field #6B,
FIELD LAYOUT - http://www.brentwoodymcasports.com/files/FIELD_MAPS_FOR_WEB_SPRING.pdf
NOTE: We will have only 2 practices before our 1st game on Saturday, March 21st
(Game Schedules are NOT out yet, and will be available March 14th)
*If you are gone for Spring Break, please let me know.
GAME TIMES - Are currently being put together and will be available March 14th.
1. 1st Game will be on Saturday, March 21st
2. Games will always be held on Saturday (TIMES and Schedule coming soon)
3. All teams play 8 games
4. NO GAME on Saturday May 9th due to TSC Tournament
5. PICTURE DAY is March 28th (time and location coming soon)
6. Uniforms will be available and handed out prior to 1st game for new team members.
** Returning team members will use FALL 2014 Uniforms.
What equipment does each child need?
1. Soccer SHOES
2. Shin guards
3. Soccer Ball Youth Regulation SIZE 3 BALL
RECAP on UNIFORMS:
Returning Cheetah Players from Fall 2014 we are using the same uniforms.
*New players will get a uniform prior to 1st game.
OTHER THINGS OF INTEREST: RULES OF PLAY HERE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED: http://www.brentwoodymcasports.com/files/SOCCER_RULES_RECREATION_BW_ASSOC_U4_thru_U8.pdf
Please let me know if you have any questions and email me here at: MY EMAIL
See you all on THURSDAY March 12th @ 5:30 P.M. for our 1st Practice...
Have a great weekend...
Walking, Running, Hiking, Biking
Basketball, Tennis, Frisbee Golf
Polar Bear Ice Plunge(winter only)